1. What are your values/priorities in life?
In two words, my family: which consists of my husband P, our daughter L and our cat and three hens. Nothing else really matters, other than we are well and are together. We've always been a close-knit trio. No matter where we are individually, we may be apart but we are always together in spirit.
2. What is your zodiac sign? Do you match its description?
I'm a Pisces and yes, I do match its decription! The odd thing is, I was actually born on the cusp between Pisces and Aries. My parents have never been able to agree on when
I was born, early in the morning or late in the day, so I have no idea of how much of me was meant to be Aries. I was nine days overdue though, and this might have something to do with it. My birthdate should have been march 11 which would have had me be born further back into Pisces.
3. Do you have a pet? If you do, what kind of a pet is it?
As you will have read in the first paragraph, yes I do have pets. Though they are more like members of the family. Our cat is named Jack. And our hens are Shelley, Clover and Buttercup.
4. Are there any quotes you particularly like?
If you go to my site, Trugaredd
, there are some quotes. Or at Monday's Child
, there's more. My favourite quote though is really the name of a character from "The Water Babies" by Charles Kingsley, Mrs. Do-As-You-Would-Be-Done-By.
5. What song would you pick up as a soundtrack to your life? If you cannot choose one, take several.
I rather like the song, "Someone to watch over me", as sung by Ella Fitzgerald. Or perhaps the theme song from the old TV series, "White Horses", which I would like to have played at my funeral!
6. Who are the most important people in your life?
My family (see question one). Really, there isn't anyone else as important as they are to me.
7. Do you believe in life after death? If yes, how do you imagine it will look like?
I do believe in reincarnation. I believe that when we die, we go to a place where we can rest and reflect. Then, when we're ready, we can be born again as someone else.
8. What are your greatest passions/hobbies?
Reading, writing letters (and getting them!), the internet, making websites, domains, cooking and baking, and walking.
9. If you could choose any job in the world, which one would you choose?
I'd be a writer! Never wanted to be anything else.
10. How do you like to dress? Do you stick to a particular style?
I learned long ago that fashions and nice clothes were not for me. So I tend to stick to the same jeans and shirt when I'm going out.
11. What’s your most favourite book/writer?
I particularly love books by Elinor Brent Dyer, who wrote "The Chalet School" novels.
12. Are you more of an extrovert or an introvert?
Very much an introvert. But I'm good at fooling people that I'm the opposite!
13. If you could perfect one of the skills you already have or dream of having, which one would it be?
I'd be rid of this tinnitus, for starters! Then I'd be able to see better, instead of having to reply on three different pairs of glasses.
14. Do you have a role model? Is there some historical figure/celebrity/family member you admire?
My role model is Joan of Arc. She had the courage of her convictions and never swerved from what she knew she had to do.
15. What do you usually do to lift your mood?
Listen to music, look at cats on the internet and read. Oh, and eat chocolate!
16. What are your top 5 websites that you visit daily or most often?
The Itty Bitty Kitty Committee; Buzzfeed; LiveJournal; Facebook and Twitter. I'm ashamed to admit!
17. Where would you live if you could choose any place in the world?
Right here in Wales!
18. Do you like your flat/house or would you like to move somewhere else?
We are planning to move somewhere else because the road outside our current house is getting far too busy.
19. What do you carry in your bag?
Very little! My purse, phone, some cough sweets, a handkerchief, hand sanitiser, and a mini Filofax.
20. Which countries would you like to visit?
Russia, New Zealand (again!), Switzerland and Austria.
21. What’s your biggest dream (if you can tell, of course)?
To be a writer!
22. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
A smallholding; where I'd have alpacas and more hens.
23. If you compare yourself five years ago and now, what has changed?
24. Do you speak any foreign languages? Would you like to learn any in the future?
25. What are your biggest strengths and your biggest weaknesses?
26. What skills do your friends ask you to teach them? What kind of advice do people turn to you for?